Disaster Restoration Glossary
ServiceMaster Restoration by the Specialists wants to make sure you are educated and prepared when it comes to disaster restoration. We have put together a glossary of terms so you can familiarize yourself. We pride ourselves on keeping our clients in the know throughout the entire process and we think that includes before the job as well.
Glossary of Terms
- Biohazard Clean Up- When an incident involves bodily fluid and tissue, Florida law requires cleaning by a licensed and professional company who can clean the scene safely and dispose of the waste properly.
- Content & Document Drying Services- Cleaning and dying out process for your paper occurs during water disaster as well as increased humidity in the air. This can include rinsing and sanitizing the papers if the water was dirty of contaminated.
- Drying / Dehumidification Services– The removal of water from the air to prevent mold and mildew build up which leads to further issues.
- Fire Damage Repair Services– This service occurs after the fire has been safely put out and your items have been removed. It includes reviewing your structure for damage from the fire, water and chemicals. Then the damaged materials will be removed and safely disposed of, followed by rebuilding. Going one step further, this will include the cleaning of the ventilation and HVAC system.
- Mold Inspection– Often required by insurance companies, mold inspections must be done by a licensed professional. We can recommend trusted professionals which have outstanding track records.
- Mold Remediation– removal of mold in its living, dry and dead states as well as identifying prevention for future issues.
- Reconstruction– Returning the affected space to the to pre-damage condition through rebuilding.
- Soot, Smoke & Odor Removal Services– The greatest damage from a fire is often the soot and smoke as well as the lingering odor from the event. This service includes cleaning and inventorying your items as well as cleaning the HVAC system and ductwork.
- Water Removal / Extraction Services– The removal of water due to storms, hurricanes, and floods, as well as internal damage like clogged toilets or a leak in a water pipe. Quick and expert water removal reduces the risk for structural damage as well as mold and mildew.